The Santa Barbara Medical Cannabis Conference & Expo, “Science, Healing and Hope” is planned for 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 11 at the Veteran’s Memorial Building, 112 W. Cabrillo Blvd.
Early bird registration ends March 27. Register online at https://www.sbindytickets.com/events/92249152/santa-barbara-medical-cannabis-conference-expo
Keynote speakers include Uwe Blesching on “Breaking the Cycle of Opioid Addiction: Supplement Your Pain Management with Cannabis” and Dr. Joe Goldstrich on “How to Treat Cancer with Cannabis.”
Thie conference is for adults 18 and older. It includes sessions from expert speakers, question-and-answer sessions, a documentary presentation, book signings, exhibitors offering non-THC giveaways, music and food vendors.
Organizers said the primary theme is the life-saving benefits of including cannabinoids and derivatives to heal many debilitating ailments. Case-studies will be presented on how to adopt a cannabis health care plan to help prevent and reverse chronic diseases including cancer, autoimmune diseases, debilitating pain, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, insomnia, inflammation, depression, anxiety and trauma.
The day will feature seven workshops and a multimedia documentary presentation that will cover a range of topics including:
• evidenced-based science of medical cannabis vs. pharmaceuticals;
• CBD and medical cannabis types, derivatives and dosages for specific ailments;
• growing organic medical cannabis and delivery methods;
• and, how medical cannabis and CBD is used in treating cancer, chronic illness, debilitating pain, MS, Alzheimer’s, insomnia, inflammation, depression, anxiety and trauma.
- “Medical Cannabis and Your Health: From Improving Your Day to Saving Your Life,” by Stacy Shymansky;
- “Cannabis 101: The Plant, Your Body & How It All Works” by Liz Rogan;
- “How to Grow and Prepare Your Own Organic Medicinal Cannabis” by Seth Matrisciano;
- “Cannabis Kitchen: How to Make Your Own Delicious Infused Edibles” by Matthew Vieth;
- “Your Roadmap to Transition from Pharma to Cannabis Healing” by Registered Nurse Karen Mankins;
- “CBD: What Every Consumer Needs to Know for Maximum Therapeutic Benefit” by Robbin Lynn;
- “Medical Cannabis: Healing Mind, Body and Spirit” by Michael Scott;
- and, “How to Successfully Navigate Your Medical Cannabis Buying Experience” by Harry Rose.
For more information, see https://cmcsb.org/