By Jackie Ruka
The main ingredient to a successful and fulfilled life is gratitude.
While during chaotic and troubling economic times, gratitude may seem elusive and most people often forget to practice the fact that usually what we need, we already have and for that we should be thankful every day.
The easiest ways to make your blessings count is to count your blessings Acknowledge what is good in your life. Once you begin to do so, you will feel how powerful gratitude can be, in fact it makes what you appreciate stronger.
In the haste of our busy lives, we overlook the simple laws of gratitude. So, here is a quick refresher.
- Gratitude is all-inclusive.Good days give you happiness, bad days give you wisdom. Both are essential to growing and evolving.
Both the fortunate and unfortunate occurrences in your life lead to gratitude. You would not be the person you are today, which has contributed to the advancement of your life, by practicing gratitude.
There are no coincidences in life; the ordinary people you have met have taught you something in your life. Everything that takes place in your life every day, take notice, it forms a new kind of perspective that may not have been there previously.
- The tribute to the ones you lost is not grief but gratitude.Sometimes the greatest gift imaginable is the one that did not last forever. Be thankful your paths crossed and had the chance to create the most wonderful moments of your life.
- Being present, is being grateful.Every dayyou wake up and take a breath is a moment of life that leads to another moment of your life. Take solace in the privilege of walking this earth, the beauty of nature and wondrous miracles speaking to you by choosing to be present.
- Gratitude includes giving back.Think about how much more we receive every day then we give. The moments where a strangerlets you go ahead of them in line at the grocery store, a friend buys you lunch or a cup of coffee for no reason other than enjoying your presence, a professional goes above and beyond to form a solution, just simply by listening and helping with his/her wisdom and knowledge.
It is in the giving and the gratitude of receiving that makes life rich.
- Live and DO Gratitude. Those who journalfivethings a day that brings them gratitude have been studied, in over a decade of scientific research, to be happier people. When you think, speak and act in gratitude, this is what brings more meaning and positivity into your life.
When you are feeling sad, anxious, depressed or lonely, change your attitude to gratitude. Your blessings may be far greater than your perceived misfortunes. Try it!
“Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity … it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
Jackie Ruka, America’s Happyologist, Success Coach and Founder of Get Happy Zone Lifestyle Co. teaches professionals how to create perfect solutions for the highest level of income, freedom and passion for life and eliminate feeling stuck. Listen to a free web class here.